Tour Des Fleurs Recap

Ok I may be a little late on the Race Review for Tour Des Fleurs seeing as how it was over a month ago... but better late than never!



This was my first year racing Tour Des Fleur. I have always wanted to participate but it never aligned with my schedule in the past. This year I was SET on participating because we LOVE the Dallas Arboretum and figured racing was a personal way to give back to it. It was every I expected and more.

It also aligned perfectly in my marathon training schedule as a speed day too! This race was a quarter marathon which is the perfect distance to measure how my speed work had been paying off during training as well as show myself what I needed to improve on.


The best part of the race is being able to witness the debut of the EPIC pumpkin patch display they have annually at the arboretum.
I also had in the back of my mind that it was part of the Dallas Marathon course as well. I remember running around White Rock Lake VIVIDLY during the 2017 Dallas Marathon because it was the toughest part of the course for me personally. (Especially since it was my first marathon)

I ran with a few fellow run club members from our local run club. We have been training together for a variety of races and some of us train together for the upcoming Dallas Marathon in December. (I highly recommend finding training buddies for marathon training!). Also, one of our run club members was the Emcee for the event so we got special finish line shoutouts!



The course was beautiful and fairly flat. A few rolling hills but nothing crazy. The weather was warmer than usual and extremely humid, but once again nothing out of the ordinary for Texas in September.

I finished 2nd in my age group with a pace of 7:29/mile. I am extremely happy with the outcome and hope to return next year and compete for 1st in age!
The swag was a 5 star rating in my opinion as well. The finisher medals were HUGE and we received a finishers hat at the end as well as our participant shirts. Definitely recommend this race to anyone! Stroller friendly, family friendly, and a great time!




Check out my official Bibrave race review at: https://www.bibrave.com/races/tour-des-fleurs-reviews/12972


Comments