ASICS Novablast Review



The ASICS Novablast are a new model of ASICS that were just released about a year ago! Which is crazy to think about that I've ran through 3 pairs already... But that just tells you how MUCH I love them!

I was curious to test the Novablasts out because I read how cushioned they were as well as being lightweight.. Very intriguing right?! I felt like the downfall of good running shoes was their "chunkiness". Comfortable, supportive running shoes usually meant heavy, chunky, and running with bricks on your feet. Ok maybe that was a little dramatic because, honestly, I choose to run in "chunkier" shoes when I'm marathon training but that only accounts for a small percentage of time I'm running.

See my full shoe review and features walk-through on my Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqU3lPtOZM&t=6s

The Novablasts are, indeed, lighter than the other ASICS models such as the Nimbus, Cumulus, and GT 2000's weighing in at 7.8 oz whereas other models are upwards of 9 oz. The lightweight aspect really makes a different when you are running/walking! These have been tested up to 13.1 miles and have held up fantastic throughout the mileage. I personally would not race a marathon in them at this current time but would love to test that theory out again in the future!

Novablasts also have the Flytefoam technology for added comfort and a "bouncy & energetic ride" as well as a nice energetic toe takeoff. I will say it feels like the shoes help you propel forward easier, but not too much to where you feel off balance. 

Novablasts are a neutral shoe which means they are made for neutral and under-pronation. I always pair my running shoes with some Dr Scholls running or performance insoles for added comfort as well! 

I always recommend sizing up .5 a size when buying running shoes ESPECIALLY if you are planning on running long distance (above 6ish miles). You want to allow a little extra room for the swelling of your feet as well as prevent losing toe nails/getting blisters!

For example, I am usually a size 8 in shoes, but all of my running shoes are an 8.5.


You can watch a more in-depth break down of the novablast and my experience with them on my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqU3lPtOZM&t=6s



Happy Running!


Comments