ASICS Evoride 2 Review

 The new ASICS Evoride 2's are a special shoe that can carry any type of runner through different types of training loads. 





ASICS Evoride 2 Specs:

Weight- What first caught my attention about the Evorides is the weight. Depending on my training load, I am normally a Gel Nimbus (9 oz) or Novablast (7.8 oz) girl when it comes to ASICS running shoes. With the Evorides weighing in at only 6.8 oz, I knew I needed to give them a shot.

Why is lightweight important?

I think the first and most obvious reason is feeling light while you run. Chunky, heavy shoes can make it feel like you're running through thick molasses especially when your legs are already exhausted at the end of a tough run. 

Lightweight shoes allow you to channel that speed and makes the ground-strike transition quicker AKA your run will become more efficient. Yes please!

This lightweight technology is called FLYTEFOAM which gives runners "a lightweight feel and more cushioning across longer distances".

METASOLE technology- if you notice in the picture of the Evoride's the sole (bottom) is curved. This is the metasole technology. The purpose of this curved sole is to lessen the overall load and aid to the efficiency of the shoe as a whole. It helps runners feel fresher for longer distances.

AHARTUS Technology - The outsole is created with this specific technology that is strategically placed in higher contact areas of the shoes to increase shoe durability. 

Material - The shoes mesh upper is designed with a multi-directional stretch mesh that adjusts better to the natural shape of the foot. It is also made of recycled materials. The sockliner is produced with a solution dyeing process that reduces carbon emissions and water usage.




ASICS Evoride 2 Review:

I have ran in the Evoride 2's for a few weeks now and have tested them out for different distances and types of runs (tempo, speed, distance, etc). I love the lightweight feel because I do feel like I can stay quicker for longer. Efficiency is super important when training long distance.. Any distance for that matter. It gives your feet that "rolling forward" effect with its curved sole. It may sound weird but it is a wonderful feeling to keep that forward momentum efficiently moving especially in long tempo runs. I will continue to run in them and will keep them in my running shoe rotation! 

I currently rotate between the Gel Nimbus , Evoride 2 , and the Novablast .


Watch my ASICS Novablast Review , ASICS Hyper Speed Review , ASICS Nimbus, Cumulus, & GT 2000 8 Comparsion & subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Follow me on IG at Tori Caves


Comments