Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you're like me, you love all things sweet.. So when it comes to eating healthy it was hard to give up the cookies, cupcakes, and anything else that involves tons of sugar.. But there's hope for us! Thank the Lord for healthy alternatives.. and for coconuts. Right?
This will now and forever be my go-to recipe for birthdays, holidays, and anytime I am craving something sweet. I did not create this recipe, although I wish I did because dang it's good.

Here are the pics of the dry ingredients I used. Just to give yall a reference if you need help at the grocery store (or on the ClickList app).




PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES




Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup finely ground blanched almond flour ( I used Bobs Red Mill)
3 tbsp coconut flour (I used Arrowhead Mills)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup coconut sugar (I used H-E-B organics)
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil; melted and cooled (I used Central Market)
2 eggs at room temp, beaten (I used Central Market Pasture Raised)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 oz dark chocolate chips (I used Lily’s dark chocolate chips)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. (I didn’t have any parchment paper so I skipped that step)

In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda together.
Add coconut sugar then whisk again, working out any clumps.

Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour vanilla extract, eggs, and coconut oil, mixing to combine after each addition.
Add the chocolate chips tossed in coconut flour into the cookie dough. ( I just sprinkled the chocolate chips with coconut powder in a small bowl before throwing them into the dough) The dough will be pretty soft.

Drop about 2 tbsp (doesn’t have to be exact) onto the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart from each other.
Place in fridge for about 30 min or until mostly firm. (The dough is pretty sticky so it’ll be hard to roll with your hands in the next step if the dough isn’t mostly firm)
Remove from fridge and roll each into a ball with your palms then flatten into a disk about 1/2 inch thick.

Place cookies on the middle rack of the preheated oven.
Bake until lightly golden brown all over. (About 14 min)
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 min on the cookie sheet before removing. They will become more firm as they cool.



THEY ARE 2-YEAR-OLD APPROVED



The final product.. before they get devoured! 




Comments