Paleo CrockPot Roast & Veggies

Tis the season for crockpot recipes. It's probably one of my favorite things about fall and cooler weather and honestly next year I will probably use the crockpot all year round because it is SO EASY. It's almost like you're not even cooking dinner every night... Except you are? All I know is that I love all things crockpot.

Here is another EASY recipe for you crockpot lovers!

Roast and veggies:

Ingredients:

  • Approx 2.5 lbs chuck roast
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves. roughly chopped (I used 2 spoon fulls of minced garlic)
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 2 cups chopped celery
  • 1 cup baby carrots
  • 2 cups water or broth
  • 2 tbsp. parsley 

Directions:

  • Season roast with salt & pepper. Sear in a hot pan until brown on both sides. Add to crock pot.
  • Add everything but the parsley.
  • Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
  • Serve over side of choice! (coconut rice, sweet potato rice, quinoa, cauliflower puree, etc) 





PS. I used beef broth instead of water to add a little more flavor to ours. Totally optional though. I also added 1/2 of the parsley in the pot to cook for the 5-6 hours as well. 
Also, if you haven't used crockpot liners YOU NEED TO! It make clean up WAY easier and quicker. Work smarter not harder yall. 

Comments