Why I Made The Switch To Hu Kitchen

 I discovered Hu Kitchen from a friend as we both were going through the major switch to the AIP (autoimmune protocol diet) Diet. I began this diet when I was diagnosed with Hashimotos & Sjogrens Syndrome in Jan 2021. The AIP diet is an elimination diet that helps reduce inflammation and symptoms for autoimmune disorders. We were both pretty overwhelmed by just HOW MUCH needed to be eliminated. Coffee, nuts, beans, seeds, processed foods, sugar, etc. 

It was definitely an adjustment, but I found a wonderful account to follow on instagram (Unbound Wellness) & bought her AIP cookbook off amazon HERE

My friend, Courtney, went to a bunch of different grocery stores over the span of weeks and just read labels and searched for yummy food that we could snack on and eat while on this diet. After all, I have a killer sweet tooth so giving up sugar and chocolate was pretty tough. But since we couldnt have dairy or refined sugars on the AIP diet I knew there had to be SOMETHING out there...Right?

This is where Hu Kitchen comes in. She sent me a picture of this chocolate bar and was like "omg you have to try this chocolate!" She was right... WOW. YUM. I've been hooked ever since..



A little about Hu Kitchen:

Hu Kitchen was started by a group of individuals and one in particular suffers from autoimmune disorders. He quit his corporate job to help create Hu Kitchen. The group experimented and researched the gut-brain connection, the causes of systemic inflammation, and the impact of certain foods and additives on our health, immunity, and performance. Basically what they found was that replacing weird, industrial ingredients with simple, healthier ones was the key to thriving, not just surviving! Then Hu was born. I love that Hu is all about clean ingredients, fair trade, and getting back to quality! Something I feel like our food industry has strayed extremely far from..

What makes Hu Kitchen Special:

Their ingredients arent weird. The Simple Dark Chocolate has simple and clean ingredients: organic cacao, organic unrefined coconut sugar, organic fair-trade cacao butter. THATS IT. All of their products are clean, organic, and simple. On top of being Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo, Organic, and NON GMO as well. No refined sugars and no dairy aka autoimmune friendly yay!

I use their Hu Gems to replace chocolate chips as well as melt some in a bowl to dip fruit in like fondo or like chocolate covered strawberries. Discount code TORI10 at checkout to save.


My son & I made these chocolate covered strawberries & bananas when we were craving some sweets the other day. A perfect alternative for him AND me!

I use their gems in pancakes too - this is a picture from their site because it's cuter than mine
- but you get the picture.


I also love their different flavors of chocolate bars as a quick after-dinner sweet tooth fix! Here are some of my favorites: Code TORI10 to save at checkout (Crunchy Mint is my #1 favorite)








BUT WAIT.. THERES MORE! Hu Kitchen also makes grain-free crackers!!! 

No Dairy

No Gluten

No Soy

No Sunflower Oil

No Seed/Vegetable Oil

No Tapioca

No Refined Starches

No Maltodextrin




The perfect addition to your snack game if you have any of these allergies/ restrictions. Plus they're DELICIOUS!!! 

Dip in your favorite dips (mine is homemade guacamole from Unbound Wellness ) or enjoy by themselves on-the-run (mom life am I right?)

I hope you love Hu Kitchen as much as I do & don't forget to use code: TORI10 to save $$$

Comments